Thursday, January 12, 2012

First post! Some Introductory thoughts and shtufff ...

I have thought a lot this week about families, naturally. I am in 2 Marriage and Family classes up here at BYU-Idaho, I am a father and husband, and I am inclined to pondering about things that I do not completely understand ... which tends to be pretty much everything. Rachel and I had the opportunity last night to attend the temple, and we sure had an interesting experience. Without saying too much, we could not find anywhere in the temple that would take us - that wasn't full already. As good as that is, we had gone through the trouble to get babysitters for our two ninos and wanted to draw closer together as a couple and gain some answers. After being turned away from different places, we found a place we could serve. In doing so, we had a great experience ... of course. One of my favorite reasons for being in the temple is the quiet atmosphere given to think.

Today is my oldest son's birthday. Noah turned 2 today, and I remember that day very well. He came on the same day that the earthquake hit Haiti. I thought it was a little more than coincidence. The earthquake helped my realize the violent upheaval in my own life that was taking place. It made it so real and close to home for me. He is such a great brother and son. I am excited for his life to unfold and I hope that we as parents can be everything he needs and everything he wants. A cool story that happened recently is this: we were about to say a prayer on the food, and we asked Noah if he wanted to say it. He said yes, so Rachel started helping him say the basic words. He got to the phrase: "Thank you for the food" and so it was "Thank you" "Tank you" ...... "For" "Five" ........... BAHAHAHA we busted up laughing! It was irreverent of us, but we could not hold it in. He was practicing his counting in the prayer! It was awesome. P.S. He can say the word "awesome". I taught him that.

As a prequel for next post, I hope to write about some goals that Rachel and I have for us as a couple, as individuals, and as a family. I am also interested in writing a famiy mission statement, or something along those lines.

No comments: