So I haven't posted anything in a while. I guess it is mostly due to the fact that I don't believe that anyone really cares about what I have to say. I am not eloquent in the way that I speak (or type in this matter) and I have a hard time putting into words what I feel. I guess all I can do is practice and keep trying, and hopefully if nobody else does, at least I am benefiting myself and my family by putting my words down on electronic paper!
To start out, I just have to say that I am typing this post while sitting in bed with my son. Just watching him as he looks up at me and smiles brings joy into my heart. My family is my whole life. Sometimes I feel guilty that I have chosen to go back to school, which means that I have less time at home with my children, but it makes me appreciate my little ones and my husband so much more.
Though going back to school has been super stressful and life has been unusually busy, I cherish the time we have together and love them even more. I think the Lord knew that I needed this. With school, my kids, husband and working a few hours a week, it has made me a better scheduler, and helped me to get more use out of all the hours of my day. I find that I get more accomplished most days than I use to in a week.
MOVING right along...
I have been thinking a lot about marriage and the intimacy shared between a husband and wife. It is hard to discuss intimacy, because it is so special and sacred to everyone in different ways. But I would like to just share a few of my thoughts.
First, I believe that communication is the key to anything in a marriage. And more importantly intimacy in a marriage. When I talk about intimacy, I not just referring to physical intimacy. Spiritual, intellectual, and physical intimacy. If we do not communicate our likes, dislikes, ideologies, thoughts, ideas, motives, ect., we will not be able to achieve ideal intimacy in any of these areas. Right now in my marriage we are facing issues we have never faced before. Since we hard started a pattern early on in our marriage of expressing our concerns and really strengthened our intimacy in all areas, we are able to get through these new and scary times. We are able to know each others strengths, weaknesses, what we both want and don't want, likes and dislikes.
Sometimes when life gets stressful it is easy for me to turn inward, but I know that when I am more focused on strengthening my marriage and our intimacy it is easier to forget about my stress and work through the problems that I and my family are facing.
No comments:
Post a Comment