This will be a rather short post, mostly because we talked a lot about human sexuality this week, and I think that for the most part, that should be kept between a husband and wife. Suffice it to say I got 100% on the quiz, I have two children, I have experience with contraceptives, and I have a happy wife, so I think I'm set. :)
On another note, one of the struggles I have had this week and weekend is some sort of back pain, either a herniated disk or muscle strain or sprain. After doing my research, I am leaning towards the latter because if you press on every square millimeter on my lower back, it doesn't hurt. It would hurt if a disk in my spine was out of place. Also, it really only hurts when I use my back - which is like all the time. Mostly when I move at all, even in the slightest. Because of this, our family relations have had to adapt and change a little bit because of my injury and pain. The added stress of an injured member of the family is difficult to cope with, especially if nobody else in the family system has true empathy - meaning they have experienced the same thing as before. There has been a lot more tension in our marriage because of this, mostly because I think Rachel (or any spouse) doesn't like to see her husband suffer. And I have been suffering. Also, the pain/injury has affected my mood and behavior, such that I am less patient, more irritable, etc. Mostly, I am just ready to have a somewhat normally functioning body again. I am doing everything I can to enable healing, but it just hasn't happened yet. I can't help myself from wondering why this and why now? This is one of the busiest times of the semester for me, and had plans this weekend to catch up on some homework and take my wife out on a date. Now, those things can only happen at another time. Oh well. Until next time, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment